In accordance with processor, bank and card regulations, Melio is is unable to process the following payment types:
- Payments that are personal in nature, regardless of origination from a business entity
- Card network specific restrictions
- American Express prohibits the transfer of debt over their network (any variety of loan device)
- Visa prohibits the transfer of debt over their network (any variety of loan device)
- Payments from prepaid cards.
- Any form of balance transfer (paying a credit card balance with a different credit card)
- Cash Advance: This includes payments from a credit card to an owner, to the company from the owner, to another entity in the cardholders controls or has interests in. This is also extended to household members and relations.
- Payroll transactions (though freelance and contracted employees are supported)
Melio is also prohibited from processing payments related to any of the following:
- Internet gambling
- Sales of tobacco, marijuana, pharmaceuticals, or nutraceuticals
- Pornography, obscene materials, or any sexual/adult services
- Weapons, ammunitions, gunpowder, fireworks, and any other explosives
- Toxic, flammable or any radioactive material
If you feel your payment or business has been mistakenly rejected, you can reach out to us at email@example.com