Melio enables small businesses to pay bills with a credit card (for a low 2.9% fee) and still deliver the payment as a bank transfer or even a paper check. This way, you can defer repayment for your bill payments while still having your bills paid on time. While this may not make sense for some businesses, it's a real game changer for many.
The benefits of paying business bills with a credit card
- Defer repayment for bills until the following month with no interest or repay the balance more gradually over time (with interest)
- Take advantage of your card's rewards like cash-back, miles, and points (which offset the 2.9% fee - which is also tax-deductible)
- Benefit from early-pay discounts from your vendors, suppliers and distributors
- Increase your cash-flow to safely manage unexpected expenses
- No application needed - unlike the process of applying for loans, leveraging your credit card billing cycle and existing credit line can help you get instant float without having to fill out forms and wait for approval
By paying with a credit card and delaying when those funds leave your account, you're essentially extending your float in a way that's similar to a small business loan, just without all the paper-work or approval process.
How to pay bills with a credit card
Paying with a credit card with Melio is simple.
- Log in to your Melio account
- Add a bill or select an existing bill from your dashboard
- Select credit card as a payment method
- Link your card by entering its details
- Schedule when payment will be deducted from you and delivered to your vendor
- Choose whether your vendor receives a bank transfer or a paper check
Note: the 2.9% fee is billed separately.
A payment summary for the transaction and for the 2.9% fee both arrive to your email inbox shortly after completing the payment.
Have any questions? We're here at firstname.lastname@example.org