Melio enables small businesses to pay bills with a credit card (for a low 2.9% fee) and still deliver the payment as a bank transfer or even a paper check. This way, you can defer repayment for your bill payments while still having your bills paid on time. While this may not make sense for some businesses, it's a real game changer for many.
The benefits of paying business bills with a credit card
- Defer repayment for bills until the following month with no interest or repay the balance more gradually over time (with interest)
- Take advantage of your card's rewards like cash-back, miles, and points (which offset the 2.9% fee)
- Benefit from early-pay discounts from your vendors, suppliers and distributors
- Increase your cash-flow to safely manage unexpected expenses
By paying with a credit card and delaying when those funds leave your account, you're essentially extending your float in a way that's similar to a small business loan, just without all the paper-work or approval process.
How to pay bills with a credit card
Paying with a credit card with Melio is simple.
- Log in to your Melio account
- Add a bill
- Select credit card as a payment method
- Link your card by entering its details
- Schedule when payment will be deducted from you and delivered to your vendor
- Choose whether your vendor receives a bank transfer or a paper check
Note: the 2.9% fee is billed separately.
A payment summary for the transaction and for the 2.9% fee both arrive to your email inbox shortly after completing the payment.
Have any questions? We're here at email@example.com