Before transferring payments from your bank account or receiving payments into your bank account using Melio, you'll first need to link your account.
There are two ways to link your account: if you use online banking, you can use your login credentials to easily connect your account via Plaid (see this article on how to automatically add a bank account).
If you don't have an online bank login or prefer not to use it, follow the steps below to add, link, and verify your bank manually, with micro-deposits:
1. In your Melio account, go to Settings.
2. Select Payment Methods to connect a bank account you'd like to make payments from, or Receiving Methods to connect a bank account into which you'd like to receive funds from customers.
3. In the Bank account section click Add this method.
4. Select Verify with deposits.
5. Enter your Account Number and ACH Routing Number and press Complete and Save.
Note: An ACH Routing Number is required as Melio does not currently support wire transfers.
Within 3 business days, you will receive two very small deposits in the account that you wish to connect. Once you receive them, you'll receive an email with a link where you can enter the two micro-deposit amounts. This will verify your account.
Micro-deposits will be debited back from your account within a few days of being deposited.
Verification by micro-deposits is a one-time process, after which you can quickly and easily schedule payments with your verified account.
Note that you cannot ask to verify more than 2 bank accounts at the same time. If you'd like to connect more than 2 bank accounts, please connect 2 accounts at a time.
If you have any trouble, feel free to email email@example.com at any time.