Step 1: Add your accounting or bookkeeping firm to Melio
(skip this step if you already have the Melio Accountants dashboard)
Step 2: Add all of your small business clients to the Melio Accountant dashboard.
(skip this step if you already have added all your small business clients to the Melio Accountants dashboard)
Step 3: In each of your client's QuickBooks Online (QBO) companies, add a BILL from your firm for your monthly accounting service fees and sync it to Melio.
(skip this step if your clients do not use QuickBooks Online)
1) In QBO, open a client's QBO company
2) In QBO, add a BILL as you normally would when billing your client for your services
3) In Melio, click Settings>Sync with QuickBooks then click the SYNC NOW button
(If you do not have a SYNC NOW button, connect Melio to your client's QBO company by clicking the Connect to QuickBooks button.)
4) In Melio, click Pay, then click the Inbox tab
5) In Melio verify that the BILL you created in QBO is now appearing.
Step 4: In each of your client's Melio companies, add your firm's ACH info.
1) In Melio, click Contacts, then click the Vendors tab
2) On the Vendors tab, search for your firm
3) Click on your firm, then on the right-hand side locate the Delivery Methods section, and click Add method for Bank transfer (ACH)
4) Add your firm's bank routing and account numbers that you want the ACH deposits to go to, then click the SAVE BANK DETAILS button
Step 5: In each of your client's Melio companies, add their ACH info as a payment method.
1) In Melio, click Settings>Payment methods
2) In the Bank Account section, click Add this method (Skip this step if your client already has their bank account listed as a payment method in Melio.)
3) Add your client's bank account information
Step 6: In each of your client's Melio companies, pay the BILL for your firm.
1) In Melio, click Pay, then click the Inbox tab
2) Click on the BILL you created in Step 3 above
3) Click the SCHEDULE THIS BILL PAYMENT button
4) Complete the scheduling of the BILL PAYMENT
5) The BILL PAYMENT, will now appear in the Scheduled tab
Step 7: Pause on this step and wait a few days for the payment to arrive in your firm's bank account. Once the payment successfully arrives, move on to one of the two Step 8 options: Step 8 Option A (partially automated) or Step 8 Option B (fully automated).
Step 8 Option A (partially automated): Create automatic recurring BILLS in QBO, then manually pay them in Melio using Step 6 above, in each of your client's QBO companies.
Choose this partially automated option if you don't charge a fixed monthly fee and want to edit the BILL amount each month, and manually create the payment.
1) In QBO locate and open the BILL you created in Step 3 above
3) Wait a month for the BILL to be automatically created by QBO. Once the BILL is created by QBO, it will automatically sync to Melio.
4) Pay the BILL as you did in Step 6 above (repeat this step monthly)
Step 8 Option B (fully automated): Use Melio to automatically create the BILL and BILL PAYMENTS, in each of your client's Melio companies.
Choose this fully automated option if you charge your clients the same fixed amount each month, and you want Melio to automatically create the BILL and BILL PAYMENT.
1) In Melio, on the left menu bar, click the plus button and choose Payment
2) On the Add a bill to pay screen, click Add a bill manually
3) Choose your firm as the Vendor name, choose the QuickBooks category, add your monthly fee amount as the Bill amount, then choose Weekly or Monthly as the payment frequency. Add the Bill #, specify the Number of payments, the date you want the First payment to arrive in your bank account, and a Note to self if desired.
4) Click the SAVE AND SCHEDULE A PAYMENT button
5) Complete the scheduling of the BILL PAYMENT
6) The BILL PAYMENT, will now appear in the Scheduled tab as a recurring monthly payment and all the scheduled PAYMENTS will sync to QBO.