Pay your vendors faster when using the paper checks. Fast checks are sent in 3 days via FedEx, instead of USPS’s regular delivery time of 5-7 days.
Commonly asked questions
Can I make a fast check payment?
Yes, you can! Whether you are paying with your bank account (ACH), credit card (at a 2.9% tax-deductible fee) or debit card. Just make sure that your vendor receives a paper check.
How can I make a faster check payment?
You’ll have the option to make a fast check delivery when scheduling your payment deduction date:
You start like any other payment by clicking the purple plus button on the top left corner of your account’s dashboard and selecting Payment.
2. Add a bill manually, upload a file or connect with your QuickBooks account.
3. Fill in the bill details and click Schedule bill payment. If you uploaded a bill or synced with QuickBooks some or all of the details will be updated automatically.
4. Choose how you wish to pay- via ACH, credit card* or debit card.
5. Select Paper check when asked how your vendor would like to receive the payment.
6. When selecting a date for your payment to be deducted, make sure to check the option to schedule a fast check delivery (at a $20 tax deductible fee).
NOTE: If your bank account is not yet verified via micro-deposits, we will not deduct the funds and process the payment until your bank account is verified. Read this guide to learn How to verify a bank account with micro-deposits.
You can always connect your online bank via Plaid for instant verification and three days delivery time. See this article to learn how.
7. The last step is to confirm and schedule the payment after carefully reviewing the details in the Review & confirm page. Click Confirm and schedule payment to complete the process.
That’s it! The Melio team will send you an email summarizing the details of this payment. You can notify your vendor that their payment is on the way.
Can I track the status of my fast check payment?
Yes you can. In order to track your payment you’ll need FedEx’s tracking number. We will have access to the tracking information the day before the delivery date.
Contact support via chat the day before the delivery date you requested and we will provide you with FedEx’s tracking number.
NOTE: Response time may be up to 48 hours as we receive the information from FedEx's system.
*Subject to card network limitations.